In the past few years, there’s been an explosion in bubble tea shops popping up in several regions over the world. While the rise of bubble tea originated in Asia, it has become one of the most popular and fastest growing segments in the coffee and tea category. To the delight of bubble tea lovers, the beloved drink has now evolved and is available in split cup design. As good things come in pairs, PSB Café is now offering the split cup bubble tea in Mississauga and Brampton that allows boba tea addicts to enjoy two different tea flavors with endless toppings at once 😍😆. More than that, the PSB Café’s stores are conveniently located at both Sheridan College’s Mississauga and Brampton Campuses.
How to Order
For those who have never ordered bubble tea before, start by selecting two tea flavors, this will serve as the main component. Next, decide if you’d like the tea hot or cold. Sweetness level will vary based on personal preferences, choose 50% sweetness to be sensible. For a cold tea selections, you can have less or normal amount of ice. Lastly, a personal favorite, topping selection! You can choose from a range of toppings such as tapioca pearls, aloe, grass jelly etc. Topping additions and combinations can be endless. If all this sounds a little daunting, PSB Café has a “Top 5” split cup combinations which are certain to be a crowd pleaser.
What’s The Difference Between Single and Split Cup
Ordering a split cup adds a new dimension and experience to enjoying bubble tea. Having the ability to order two very different cups at the same time for a marginal price increase allows bubble tea enthusiasts and those who are new to bubble tea to experiment with vastly different teas and topping combinations. For couples or two friends who like to share their drinks, it allows them to sample two tea flavor profiles. If each person orders their own split cup, they can each enjoy 4 distinct bubble tea flavors in one outing.
Advantages vs. Disadvantages of The Split Cup Bubble Tea?
- Create two customized drinks at once to suit your unique taste
- A split cup can be shared with a friend without actually sharing directly
- The split cup design feature prevents mixing of flavors. Mixing two teas which are in contrast to each other can lessen their appeal and reduce the customer’s overall satisfaction and experience
- The split cup is slightly less in volume compared to a single cup of bubble tea
- Cost per unit is much more expensive than if you were to order 1 bubble tea. A regular drink for example is $4.99 at 16 ounces. The split cup is $4.99 for 7 ounces plus an additional $1 for the second 7 ounces. Thus, you’re pay in total $5.99 for 14 oz.
- The wait time is twice as long in comparison to single portion bubble tea. The barista needs time to prepare two separate and different bubble tea servings
PSB Café’s Split Cup Bubble Tea Is A Must Try
If you’re craving two flavors of combinations, but only want a single portion, PSB Café split cup bubble tea is a must try. For individuals who are new to bubble tea, the split cup is the best two-for-one sensation. With comfortable and cozy stores at both Brampton and Mississauga campuses, students and the general public can rest assured that consistency, quality of ingredients and service levels of the split cup bubble tea will be nearly identical. As PSB Café is conveniently located on campus and within walking distance, there is no need to hop on public transit, drive, or use a food app to experience the next global foodie and Insta-worthy trend in bubble tea. Moreover, PSB Café also offers several discounts exclusively for Sheridan students. Get your #SplitCupBubbleTea today at PSB Café! 😊